No, tutors do not review full essays during Live Help sessions. If a student is working on an assignment and wants to discuss their thesis statement, brainstorm how they can improve their introduction, or wants clarification about whether their first or last paragraph flows well, these would fall within what our tutors are able to discuss in the chat as long as the session is collaborative and they have specific questions. However, if a student requires a full review of all aspects of their writing—content, structure, citations, as well as sentence-level issues of grammar, syntax, punctuation, etc.— submitting to Review Center is the best feature for them to use, regardless of length.
Articles in this section
- What is Live Help?
- How to start a tutoring session?
- How to request help for a class that is not listed on the dashboard?
- How quickly do Paper tutors respond?
- What file types can be submitted in Live Help tutoring sessions?
- Can students use video chat?
- Do tutors review essays during Live Help sessions?
- How do students leave feedback on a Live Help session?
- Can students request to connect with the same tutor?
- Who monitors Live Help Sessions?